FAST FOOD...

about how many times a month do you all take your children out to eat...? cuz a according to my beautiful loving children here i am the ONLY mom in the world that deny fast food to her kids...mind you they do have fast food once a wk ...we either do take out, eat at a restaurant (if you can call burger king and MacDonald a restaurant) or order in...am i wrong i just don't want my kids eating so much grease...
???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 5:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can tell your kids they are lucky they don't live with me. We never do fast food unless I get a Taco Bell craving once in a blue moon. We do enjoy eating out though at places like Soup Plantation and Olive Garden. I don't consider that "Fast Food".
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• no that's not wrong at all. i know people have busy schedules and it's convenient to stop at mcdonald's on the way home but this is why i pre-plan things, prep early or what not so my family can have a healthy meal. fast food should be a treat not the main source of nutrition. obviously this is why so many americans are obese, diabetic, etc.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We do Chinese take-out about 3 times a month and fast food only on road trips when there are no other options. Don't let them bully you! Kids love fast food, but you love them more.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son is lucky to eat fastfood ever... I hate it personally... my "fast food" is subway... I know his dad gives it to him though... I think as long as it's in moderation it's ok though
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The last couple days, we've eaten more of it, but our house has NO AC and it's been so hot that no one had the energy or desire to go in and cook, much less heat up the house.

Normally, it's about 3-4 times a month and that's if you include Subway and pizza among fast food.

Although, my favorite fast food place is Sharky's - an organic Mexican fast food restaurant!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I thought I was the only one that did that because lately every night it's either chinese or Mcdonald's so I won't have to cook.It's not a good idea because I also have an Autistic person in the house who scarves her food dowwn and my son who is 5 is doing it too.She's so close to having a heart attack because of the foods she's eating which is not very healthy.Subway is avery good choiced for us to eat at because their food is healthy for me and her but I guess I could get him a happy meal from Mcdonald's.He's a tall lanky child so it looks like he doesn't eat a thing but you woulkd have to be in our house to see what was being consumed and you wouldn't believe it.
    mommys1luv

Answer by mommys1luv at 5:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Usually about once a week... Nothing big, usually... We don't take them to Applebees or anything (my oldest is 4, so it's just to much to do all that) but they get McDonalds or something around once a week or so, mostly because it's the only indoor playground so when it's raining, snowing or to cold to go outside, $5 for chicken buys them a few hours of fun with other kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We eat out 4-5x a month and I think it's way too much! We are going to cut back so no you are not alone.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Usually once a week. Typically it's Church's or McDonald's.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 6:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We eat out way too much. We are trying to eat more at home or bring our own food from home when we have football games and other activities.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010