Why Does my Ex boyfriend somtimes text me?

Me and my exboyfriend have been split up a month now.At first he would not communicate with me.So now evry couple of days I get a text from him.It's a little text message joke or a short" hey what's up" thing.He 's the one who broke up and said he didn't want a jealous g-friend.I am polite and respond to his texts.Somtimes he does not reply back.So I sent him a text recently and said"If you have a new g-friend I don't think we should talk anymore."He quickly replied and said"I don't have a g-friend but that's ok."Why was he so quick to reply back?I am confused and don't understand why he's doing this.If he dumped me then why does he want anything to do with me?Can you please help?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• you should just ignore his txt act like you never got them...men can be so manipulative at times...he wanted to go and now he wants to hang on...he cant have his cake and eat it too...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's because he wants to know that he can still have you if he wants. Yes, he dumped you, but he wants to know that he could bring you back. Just don't reply to his texts, he'll get the hint.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Because he is an idiot. I think he is texting you JUST to see if you respond... EGO. He probably wants some lovin' too. Men like that are morons, start ignoring him.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sounds like he's playing games. Next time he text don't respond, get rid of him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with SarahLeeMorgan. Don't reply anymore....He's trying to string you along and only you can make him successful or unsuccessful.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He does this so that he can still keep tabs on you and he knows that no matter what he does you'll still be there for him...it's hard so good luck! Get rid of him for good! LOL
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 5:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He misses you. He wants you to want him, even though he doesn't want a "jealous girlfriend". So, since you're cool right now, he is probably wondering "why isn't she all bummed that i dumped her". It enflates men's ego's to know someone is heartbroken over them. He is playing games. He probably wants to get laid too. He's definitely trying to string you along.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with all the PPs. He's feeling you out to see how you're doing without him, to see if you want him back. Either it's to stroke his ego or to get a hookup. Either way, it's not worth your time.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Maybe he to be friends with you. Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean that you have to hate each other
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ignore it, unless you want to get back with him...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010