Started potty training ds Saturday, any suggestions on getting him 2 poop in potty?

Ok Ds is 2 will be 3 Dec. 27th. We started potty training Saturday and he is now peeing in the potty, went through the whole day yesterday with no accidents but he will not poop in the potty. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get him to poop in the potty. We already have a rewards chart and he gets a sticker when he pees in the potty & I have told him he will get 2 stickers for pooping in the potty but I don't think he casres. Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep it up with the rewards, and make sure he isn't constipated. Constipation is a big obstacle for potty training, because it is more comfortable for them to "go" standing up or leaning than it is sitting down.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I do right after he eat sit him on the potty even if he does not do i in there just keep doing it every time after he eats. At first he will try and hold on to that number 2 but soon after he will give the old push a go and you will have a surprise waiting on you. It takes time for the number 2 to get going. I know I have had to do this with five kids. goo luck and praise him every step of the way
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Everyone laughs at me, but when I potty trained my son I bought him Shrek underwear and told him shrek doesn't like it when you potty on his head. From then on he went in the toilet... He loved shrek that much lol :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good luck, mine is four and has pooped on the potty(willingly) once! I hope you have better luck than me. If anything works, please let me know!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• So while I was on here typing this question ds pooped in the potty - I smelled it & thought ok another clean up of the underwear but he was sitting on the potty - I am so proud of him, this is the first time, hopefully it continues - he got 2 stickers and his grandma gave him a dollar.
    mama2005

Comment by mama2005 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010