WHY DO WOMEN STAY IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS

Q, why do women stay in abusive relaships?? is the Q of the day.my son is ever like his father an a^^ hole he beats and talk to his gf like omg i have told her leave his a^^ alone nooo i love him i would give my life 4 him i am like what the hell wronge with u everytime they get into it i call the police ant they take him justed to let him go, are she go get him out i hate it like omg i do then their was my daughter in an abusive relationship but could not tell her jack as well she felt like that was love thank god that a^^ is is jail now but not becuz of my daughter but he killed his cousin becuz hummm she talked to much as said!!! my kids dad use to kick my a^^ til the last time i told him next time u put ur hands on me ur mom gonna put u six feet under hummm a mo later my home was set on fire with me in it o yeah and him,

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 12:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm sorry to say this but women that stay, are visually showing their kids that this is acceptable, that it's ok, that it's what adults, couples do and that's so sad. No one deserves to be hit, hurt with hands or words. You had your reasons for staying, and these two females you're talking about, have theirs and none of them are the right reasons.
    I'd have to tell my child that they can't live with me as long as they're that way, that I lived that life before and will not live it again.
    I'm curious about the fire tho..... ?????
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• This is a question I can relate to. These men do something to your mind and you actually believe that they are the only ones out there for you and you really do need them. It isn't until you reach your breaking point that you realize you are worth more than what is happening to you. It took me 8 years of black eyes and bruises before I finally left. Hopefully I left early enough and my daughter won't follow those footsteps. I am now married to a wonderful man who loves my kids as his own and he doesn't hit. We've been together for 7 years!!
    specialgabe

Answer by specialgabe at 12:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• DAMN
    Anonymous

• Cuz they likely have no education or job and have no where to go. sad.
    Anonymous

• justed a not i didnt stay with my kids father after the 1 butt kicking i left the fire thing happen and we was not even together the azz hole gf at the time thought we shared to much time together and felt she needed to get me out the pic, hummm as for as my son he is like him in everyway its like leaving with the dad all over again he look like him act like him ect ect i have told this grl over and over leave his azz alone noooo she stay around he in jail and she trying to find a way to stay with me and get him out i am like h^^^ no everytime i look at my kids father i think about how he did me then trying to take my life trust ladies when that 1 tell u they would kill u b4 they see u with another believe!!!!! i had not been a relationship with him for over 5yrs and still got hurt
    u have to learn to love urself b4 u can love another, i was with this jerk from 12 yrs old til 20yrs
    6carebears

Answer by 6carebears at 5:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Excuse me I am both educated and verbally abused. I work and my SO takes my check and controls my life. I would have left but I need to be in this state for my disabled child. I have tried to leave for three years and I gave up. He is a big intimidating man and if I take money from him even if it is my own he goes on telling me how he can't trust me and I stole from him. As for my children I don't want them to see that and I rather just be compliant then let there lives get disrupted. I have gone to a lawyer, weave, and even just filing for a free lawyer. They couldn't remedy my situation so I stayed for my disabled son.
    Anonymous