NICKNAMES

so kids sometimes can not pronounce a name or something and make up a word and next thing you know the word they just invented gets stuck to the object or person...i think it's funny, and great...my son when my daughter was born could not say her name (ZAHARA) so he started calling her ZAZU so 6yrs later my daughter is ZAZU...i love the nickname she does too and my son now 9yrs old is so proud of himself for "naming" his sister...another crazy one is that they both call there grandmother on there fathers side "MINE TOO" i have no idea how this even started but to us know she is "MINE TOO" lol all her other grandkids call her NANNY...she feels so special she loves her new nickname and has worn it proudly for about 9yrs now...
any of you have some words to add to the kids dictionary??? lol

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 5:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep.My daughetr's nickname is peanut.When she was born a nurse at the hospital started calling her peanut cause she weighed 8 lbs and 3 oz.She was a fat baby.lolShe's 9 yrs old now but nowhere near fat.Just short and little.lol
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My 5 year olds name is Natalie but since she was able to speak. well do the baby talk she has been called Na Na. She used to sit in her crib or playpen and say na na na na all the time and it just stuck so everone that knows her just calls her Na Na. and when she was real little she couldnt say love you so she said la la. stil says it to this day. She also couldnt pronounce her big sisters name. Katlynn so she has called her Ta Ta since she could talk. You'd figured it'd be Ka Ka but it sounds like Ta Ta
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My first two are 20 months apart and my daughter couldn't pronounce Phillip so she called him 'Ip Ip'.

At that same time she was into Beauty and the Beast and each of us became a character from the movie - she was Belle, dad was the Beast, I was Mrs. Potts and Ip Ip soon became Chip the Cup - to this day, Phillip is Chip.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 5:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My nephew started calling his cousim Shaw for some unknown reason. Her name is Destany. She hates the nickname

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter is named Natalie-Jane specifically so that my husband could nickname her Ninja. She is our Little Ninja, and has completely lived up to the title. :D
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• mpeada that is so cute...you know what every time we watch a movie in my home my son and daughter have to pick characters they always yell out ok thats me and thats you and thats mom and it's a thing we have done now for years...i thought we was the only ones hahahaha good to know many other family's do the same activity...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My great aunt named um, female parts, by some baby conversation about pee-ing in the potty. The whole family of girls calls it a "Peegeepodgee." : )
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My kids call my parents "mammy" &'pappy" from my oldest DD... she started it about 7 months or so.... not a far cry from mommy , daddy.They love it now... they wanted Grandma, Grandpa... which they are with my sister's son.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010