Teen Mom

I've been reading in the media lately that the MTV reality show, Teen Mom "glamorizes" teen pregnancy. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Arielles_Mommy

Asked by Arielles_Mommy at 5:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• You need t watch it before you talk about it. It no way "glamorizes" it. t shows teen moms and their struggles, it doesnt show that its all fun and games.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I haven't seen that one, but MTV's Pregnant at 16 doesn't make getting pregnant young look like a bad thing. Some girls struggle, but other girls do fine. Not sure why they have these shows.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a dentist appt. today and the onlly magazine that was available was People so I grabbed it. The cover of the magazine was a couple from Teen Mom and everything was really positive and they looked very happy. It didn't make teen pregnancy look negative in any way, quite the opposite.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• MTV should be helping teens out into the real world then glamorizing the teen motherhood...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it shows the reality of it. The good and bad, the hardships, the schooling struggles, and the money issues. Every situation is different when it comes to teen pregnancy and they are showing all sides I think!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think that the show really glamorizes it. The teen partents have hard time and joyfully times in the show, just like a normal teen mom would. Just because someone is a teen mom doesn't mean that every minute of the rest of thier life is going to be bad
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Theutilitarian, that couple is actually the couple that gave up their child for adoption... And honestly, I don't think it glamorizes it at all. It shows all the different problems the moms have, in every situation (single mom, mom in bad relationship, mom co-parenting with ex, and couple that gave up their child for adoption). Sure, there are happy moments, but they also show all the hardships. If I was a teenager and watching the show, I certainly wouldn't want to run out and get pregnant!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think it does at all. In fact, basically all the moms' lives have significant problems that are clearly displayed. I think it shows the struggles and do not think it glamorizes it all it. It shows it for what it is. I love the show.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I understand I skimmed through the article. I don't care one way or the other. I just didn't feel like it sounded all that bad. They have good times and bad times just like every parent, but I don't feel like there was any sort of emphasis on the hardships. The article had a very positive spin, that's all. Like I said I don't care either way, it's really none of my business anyways.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I watch the show and I do not believe Teen Mom glamorizes teen pregnancies, at all. If anything it shows the reality for some teens and what they actually go through. I absolutely think this show is much needed, and gives insight to all and everything that can occur from pregnancy. Each situation varies, from adoption to keeping the baby. Watching each couple or single person deal with the reality of keeping the baby and all the responsibilities that come along with it. To watching a couple make the toughest choice ever in life, adoption. I think the show is great, and a show that should continue.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010