How can you tell if someone has a Farmville addiction?

For those of you who play, if you go to someone's page and they have about 6 or 7 updates per hour all day long would you say that qualifies as someone who is heavily into it? Would it be possible to have a "life" while playing that intensely? I do not know because I do not play but I suspect someone in my life is addicted and choosing this virtual life over a real life. Sorry if that offends anyone who plays heavily.

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 5:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know if that would qualify as an addiction, but if they're also spending real life money on the game, that's when I would start to really worry!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• For awhile, mine looked like that. Some friends and I got together and traded IDs/passwords for sites we used often (like FB) so we could use each other's accounts to send ourselves gifts. Also, so if anything happened to us, we could go delete any umm.... embarrassing pics or posts, before family got ahold of them.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Her latest post was to her farmville friends advising them to drop friends who don't play the game that often because that was bad for some reason.
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you get really into it does it require a lot of concentration or can you play it and pretty much just go about your business?
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know what you mean. My add. sets the alarm clock to play in the morning befoe i get up and go to class on line. yep they are a junkie bet them a hundred dollars not to play for a we. I did and became a hundred dollars richer
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I play it, I'm addicted, but I don't spend real money to play it, so I don't see it being that bad. I still live a real life, do what I need to do, cook, spend time with the kids, etc (DS loves sitting on my lap while I'm farming, watching my animals & stuff).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The game is designed to make people addicted so the makers will get more advertising revenue.
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh - to answer one of your own replies - it doesn't take much concentration at all - I can watch a TV show and know what's going on AND have a convo with a kid or DH and not skip a beat. It doesn't take much thought to play. Quite often I've got 2 windows open - facebook and cafemom - that way when my farm is catching up (if I have to plow/plant one by one) I can spend time on cm at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I haven't played yet. I have fb friends that are always sending me requests, generally the same ones. I think they play because they have bouts of insomnia. I guess if someone played the game nonstop...like 5 or more hours a day then maybe it is an addiction...
    LovingUs

Answer by LovingUs at 7:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• To the anon, do you feel like you could get a lot more done if you didn't play?
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010