kind of a weird question....

My son is 16 months.... he always wants to put on my clothes and grab my makeup... is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, it is. Don't worry about. It's what he sees YOU doing and he loves you!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well I havent had my son yet but i have cousins that are boys and they do that too. So yeah its normal they are just expermenting that is all but i would let him keep doing it cause then he'll get into a habit of it and it will be a hard thing to break him from.
    richardsmom29

Answer by richardsmom29 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes it is...don't worry soon he will think your clothes and make-up is nasty when he thinks his a man like my son...lol i swear my son is allergic to female things now...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes its normal..........
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have found my 2 year old son with a face full of make-up more than once.... And trust me, he's ALL boy. So no, it doesn't mean a thing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ok... Not that I would care but is father is super "homophobic" and I wouldn't want my son to have t go through that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well, kids don't really fully form their sexual identity until they're in their early early teens (sometimes a little earlier than that), so nobody will be able to know what your son will be till a few years from now. However, I surely hope his father would be able to overcome his homophobia if his son DOES turn out to be gay... Right now, it's just entirely too early to tell.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LOL I have pictures somewhere of my son when he was about 2 with my eyeliner & lipstick all over his face. =) & he's all boy trust me. They see you do it, & want to mimic. thats all.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010