what kinds of birth control have you used?

... I am going to to be 30 in a week, I have 2 boys- a 4 yr. old and a 2 yr. old and am due in 3 weeks with baby #3. I have terriable pregnancies... throwing up 5-15 x a day, needing an IV because of being dehydrated.... then I am totally not myself till I stop nursing/ lose weight/ which tends to be about 18 months. We have only used condoms in the past and 2 out of our three were planned (#3- was a malfunctioning condom:() which was fine we wanted another one and were really ready ... but, now I am SCARED to depend on that to not have another one- but, I am also not a bill kind of girl or anything w/ hormone changing stuff, niether do I like anything up in me so... just thinking ahead and needing some advise- is there anything out there that would be right for me??? I do not want to have my tubes tied either because I can't deal w/ knowing I could never have another one... I love love love my babies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used Low Ortho tri Cycln,
    it was okay,

Then i used that mirena,
    it was horrid, gave me cysts on my ovarys.,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The only time I ever took birth control was after my daughter. I took the minipill, it made me so ill. We use natural familyplanning now and its working well.
    My sister has the NuvaRing and loves it. And it apparently works because my daughter is the only grandchild in the family so far, lol.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was on the pill for 6 years. It really helped with my acne, my period was less painful (I have horrible cramps), and I wasn't overwhelmed with hormones.
    I tried the nuva-ring. I liked that it was once a week, I did not and my partner did not feel it during sex---but you are able to take it out for up to 3hrs. It did not work for me because it did not help my acne and my hormones went crazy.
    I tried the ortho evra patch, it was similar to the ring but it was annoying that lint from my clothes would stick to it. Also I was allergic to the latex/adhesive. My sister has been on it for years and has had no problems.
    I looked into the depo vera shot but I am on anti-depressants and it can worsen depression.
    I reccoment the pill. There are many different kinds and your Dr can work with you to see what works best for you.---And if you decide you want more kids, I got pregnant within 3 months of stopping my pills.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I used OrthoTriCyclin. Now I use condoms. Just a personaly choice. I don't like the idea of putting extra hormones in my body. I used the pills when I was 16-19.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 12:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I've used pills, the patch, Nuva Ring (got pregnant on it), and am currently using combo NFP/pill/condoms.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was on ortho evra for awhile, but i consistantly had skin rashes, and ended up pregnant on it, but my friend has it and she loves it. After i had my son I was on 3 different versions of the pill all of which gave me horrible headaches and acne. Now i'm on the NuvaRing and i absolutely love it. The cramps are gone, my periods are lighter, and I have no headaches. I guess it just depends on the person and how your body reacts
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• have you considered a diaphragm? or a cervical cap?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ortho evra patch- i can never remember to take a pill and with birth controll pills you have to take them the exact second every day for it to work
    i love the patch and will not change to anything else
    i do have a GF that uses the ring and one that gets a shot
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008