I actually have. We had a faulty furnace ( crack in the heat exchange) and didn't know it. Only by a miracle we survived as my ex father-in-law had worked with my husband and knew something was wrong. I had laid on the floor ( trying to get cool) and had passed out with the phone in my hand. I don't remember that moment, but I must have been calling for help as our line was occupied and no one could get through, and I had the phone. What I experienced was going down a tunnel. It was peaceful and I could only see the tunnel ahead of me and nothing else. It was very peaceful. At that point, people started pounding so hard on our doors that it brought me back and conscious long enough to get to the door - I didn't have good balance. I tried to walk to the door and hit my head real hard on the wall. Carbon monoxide is a quiet killer, we are just some of the lucky ones who got a 2nd chance.
at 6:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010