It's true that mans semen helps open up your cervix in ur last days of pregnancy? adult content

I am 39 weeks pregnant and my contractions dont seem to come so i heard man semen helps your cervix open up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can help, but why are you complaining at only 39 weeks? You've still got a week left!!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It can soften it only if your body is ready.

You may not have any contractions until labor starts. I was 40 weeks and 2 days when I had my first contraction and I had my baby 7 hours later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh, and 38-42 weeks is normal for a pregnancy.
    BradenIsMySon

• The action of the penis rubbing the cervix helps. Not so much the semen.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• it contains progestron which is one of the main hormones your body releases to start labor which is why doctors say it can soften or ripen your cervix.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Quoting cassie_m: it contains progestron which is one of the main hormones your body releases to start labor which is why doctors say it can soften or ripen your cervix.

that's what my ob told me!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• oh my yes. my fiance's semen opened my cervix right up on my last day of pregnancy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It does help soften your cervix and in some cases it causes contractions. I'm 39 weeks today and I haven't had any contractions and I'm not dilated at all.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010