Where do you start?

When your entire house needs a good cleaning, which room do you start in?

For me, it's my kitchen. I always get that spotless first, then go on to the living and family rooms, then the bathrooms, then the bedrooms.

My MIL is flying in tomorrow, and I've been cleaning non-stop because I feel like everything has to be perfect, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i learned from my mom....that the living room comes first bcuz it's the first room guest see when they enter the home....next i clean the dinning room... then the kitchen...i always leave my bathrooms last bcuz i want to spend extra time disinfecting and giving it a fresh scent :)

i leave my DS room to him and his dad...And our bedroom pretty much stays clean....
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I start with the bathroom, then the kitchen, then the rest of the rooms. It's a guarantee that I will destroy the living room and both bedrooms in the process of cleaning just one of them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son is constantly right behind me, making messes of what I just cleaned up, lol. I'll clean the kitchen, then end up having a mess of pots and pans and magnets on the floor as soon as I'm done! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I start with the kitchen as that is the heart of the home, then the dining room then I move into the living room and then the bathrooms then the guest bedroom , my daughters room and my bedroom last.
    Have fun and enjoy your MIL
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I start with the kitchen first too. Then it is the bathrooms, the living room, hallway/stairs, and then the bedrooms.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I start with the kitchen too. IDK why but I just feel like the leaner the kitchen is, the cleaner the whole house is. Then I move on to the bathrooms, the dining room, the living room & finish up in the bedrooms.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010