I have a job interview monday..

Do you think they will give me one look and see that I am pregnant and not hire me?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 5:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know, but I would like to wish you good luck.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• they can not discriminate cuz your pregnant...cant they get in trouble for that...GOOOOOOOOOD LUCK MAMA!!!
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good Question... i hope they give you equal opportunity...Good Luck babe :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 5:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, pregnancy is a protected class and hiring decisions cannot be based on that.
    I'm an HR Director and I recently hired someone who was pregnant and due in less than a week. Her expected start date was scheduled for 7 weeks later.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 6:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you are obviously pregnant then yes I think they probably won't say anything about it but will select another candidate. I would try to camouflage the pregnancy as much as you can.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's illegal to do so, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Good luck :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Pregnancy is not a disease, just a short term disability - if you are the one qualified for the job, the employer will work around it (see FeelinYummy's answer) ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• They won't tell you that is the reason, but it is a good possibility that will happen.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 9:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have been discriminated against before from pregnancy and they didn't hire me. They stopped the interview as soon as they learned of my pregnancy.. I just hope I get some work
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If I had to guess, i would say they probably come up with some other reason or just don't give you a reason at all. It doens't seem like they would actually say you're pregnant, no way. You could sue them for that
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010