I must be a bad parent, but I don't care!!! I enjoy my kid!Do you?

My son is (7) and 1000% boy! he picks boogers, yeah, it s gross and of course we tell him not to do that. He farts in class, and I get a call to come in. I'm sorry in the middle of the meeting when they said he farts, I just start cracking up (laughing) OMG! lighten up! Yes, its bad manners and not appropriate and he knows that! He doesn't do if often, I don't think he has some serious deep rooted issues. He is after all a kid! Geez! I could tell they got a lil po with me! I didn't care, I just told them he gets that from his dad! :)
I blew their day! lol! They told me he interrupted the class, I asked why did it smell bad? ;) We talked afterward, he said he would do it anymore!
One life, One Love, One KID!

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you don't care if he has bad manners, how does he know he shouldn't be doing that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That TOTALLY would have cracked me up too! My 2 year old is awfully proud to point out his "accomplishments". Whenever he farts, he starts running around going "oh oh, I fart, I FART!", heh. Cracks me up every time. He also has no problem telling on his dad whenever he tries to sneak one :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My 2yo farts and says "Ohhh, piggy!"
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I really don't know what to say...

It's great to let a kid be a kid but 7 is plenty old enough to be taught manners and respect for school and his class. He can fart & pick boogers on his own time.
    I'm sure the conference gave the teachers some insight into why he acts the way he does in class.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• @Anonymous, and I quote: OMG! lighten up! Yes, its bad manners and not appropriate and he knows that! He doesn't do if often, I don't think he has some serious deep rooted issues. He is after all a kid! Geez! It is what it is!
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• @orionsgirl, yep, its sure did! Probably said, ignorant @s Mom too! lol!
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have to laugh (again) taking the context out of context! Well ladies, its been real, can't debate the issue, have to run! You all have fun with the post! I have to crawl back under the rock I came out of! LMAO!
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Its funny, but there is a place & time for it... School is the place to use manners. Maybe they shouldn't have gotten so upset over it, but at the same time maybe there was more to the story...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• In the realm of everything that is truly important in life, that Teachers "opinion" means absolutely NOTHING! The world will not end as we know it with a little bit of laughter & he won't go straight to jail either. God Forbid a child acts differently. As long as he doesn't totally disrupt the entire class daily then what is the BIG issue?? I agree, there is a very big lack of sense of humor everywhere you go today. Every where you go it seems as if the world is about to end and we have dumped this doom & gloom on our poor kids. So every bit of laughter is tremendously important today and everyone NEEDS to lighten up! Let kids be kids because they have the rest of their lives to be miserable like most of the population today!! Have fun Mom! Laughter makes you live longer too! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If he doesn't do it often, and understands he shouldn't do it in school, then I don't see the big deal. Sometimes things like that happen...farts, etc. You can't always control it. I bet they didn't enjoy you asking if it smelled though. I can see why a loud fart would interrupt the class and annoy the teacher, and I'm sure not taking that part seriously annoyed the teacher.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010