Did you ever wake up your baby to feed? What is the maximum amount of time do you wait between feedings during the day so that there is a better chance that your baby will sleep? Our son is six months old and sleeps through the night.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 6:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had to. My son woke up every 2-3 hours, so there was no need to wake him up, lol. He ate constantly, day and night, haha. I was pumping for 45 minutes every time he ate too, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• NEVER wake a sleeping baby! They will wake up when they are hungry or uncomfortable w/ their diaper. He's sleeping thru the nite already so that's great! Enjoy it! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• w. oldest dd every 4 hrs till she was 4 months youngest dd and ds never had 2 wake dd and ds is same eats constantly almost
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I never woke them up
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Until my dd was 8 weeks old I woke her every 3 hours day or night. Then after that I would only wake her during the day. She hasn't slept through a feeding in a long time and will go 6 and a half hours before waking up hungry then going back to sleep. I do dream nurse her before I go to bed and that usually buys me a couple more hours. If you're nursing I highly recommend dream nursing before you go to bed, but since your ds sleeps through the night you can just keep doing what you're doing:)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I never woke DS up. If he's sleeping he needs the rest. As long as he's growing, just let him be. He'll eat when he's hungrky.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I did when she was a couple days old, only because she was jaundiced, which makes them lethargic. So I would wake her up every 1.5 hours during the day and every 2 hours during the night for her to nurse. Once she was over the jaundice, then I just nursed on demand. I woke her up one other time because it was a night that she slept 9 hours or something the first time and I woke up engorged and leaking all over myself. It was like 8 or 9 AM, so it was time for her to get up anyway. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I never woke my son to feed. When he was about 4 weeks old, I had changed his formula to a soy based. as the milk was causing him discomfort, and he slept 12 hours after 12 hours of crying... I let him sleep. He is now 5 and has slept through the night since I changed the formula that day. So, I say, let them sleep. They'll wake when they're hungry and your nights will be so much easier.
    EricsMomma31

Answer by EricsMomma31 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We don't wait. My first son nursed every 45minutes during the day and every 2 hours at night, and my baby nursed every 3 hours during the day and slept for 6 overnight (until teething, that is!).

There's no need to manipulate their sleeping habits. They know what they need better than we do!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010