A boy's name

Ok, tell me what you think of the name Lincoln Maximus? I HATE IT but my husband and his brothers and father say it's the best name they've ever thought of. The entire Sunday dinner they would not shutup about this name! I mean they really like it! All the men in his family (he has a huge family) are all about this name now, saying if we don't use it then they will when they have a son. Is it not rediculous? Am I the only person who thinks this name is dumb, lol?

So now I'm trying to convince my hubby it's a no-go, we're sticking with Evan (none of the men in his family like Evan, they say it's "fruity"-for lack of a better word)

Evansmommy91

Asked by Evansmommy91 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Baby Names

• Lmbo...I"m with you, remember mean dont think about how a name will affect a kid in the long run...what names have you come up with
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't like neither of your choices, sorry!! But since you do like the name Evan, I would try to meet him in the middle and name him Evan Maximus or something.

Here are some boy names I love:
    Daniel
    Charles
    James
    Jackson
    Connor
    evie-1006

Answer by evie-1006 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nope not alone, thats a messed up name. They are threatening to use the name if you don't so I say LET 'EM. LOL you can even tell them that they like the name sooo much that you feel wrong in using it.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Lol mrspierce06 that's a good idea. Bobby just said he's getting sick of his family trying to get him to change the name, he says he's sticking with Evan too yay! I've always liked that name. Plus it's not too popular but it's not weird enough to make fun of. I didn't want to choose a name I've heard a billion times the last couple of years, like Aiden or Logan...
    Evansmommy91

Comment by Evansmommy91 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Lincoln? Ick! Horrible! Maximus is ok. I like Evan alot!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I ended up with 3 girls and if had a boy I would have gone with the name Nicklous Riley. I did not get a son but our last girl still has the middle name riley.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't like It is weird your kid maybe made funny of and school

This are some good names
    Noah
    James
    Larry
    Harley
    Dean
    Micheal
    march3-2011

Answer by march3-2011 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it is weird.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I like Maximus, but not Lincoln. I think it's just because I like the name Max. lol.
    .
    But it's your child and the name decision should be between you and the baby's father. Not all of the men in your family. lol.

But trust me, I know how crazy husband's baby name ideas can be. My husband wants to name our first son Ezra and I'm like hell no! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, no, no! LOL I would convince your hubby and let the other men use the name if they love it SOO much (and IF the mom would agree! lol) It reminds me of a car! haha If they don't like Evan, OH-well!! Not their kid! HAHA
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010