Stay-at-Home Moms....What organization(s) did you join to have your baby interact with other babies/kids and for you to interact with other moms/adults? What are the good organizations to join? We are in Dallas, Texas.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 6:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I didn't really. I'm lucky that we have lots of friends and family with kids, and a few of my friends are sahm's and have babies around his age, so he gets to play with them. However, you can look up different sahm play date groups and things like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am not af any help here, but I just took my daughter to my Mother's friends home. My Mother's friend used to whatch her grandchildren which meant my Mother could visit with her friend while I watched the children.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We started with story hour at our public library. Met several moms there. Then our boys went to preschool at age three.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• www.meetup.com A free website with tons of meetup groups about almost anything. Search for mom groups or playdates and by zip code. Most groups are free to join but some have fees.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I joined a MOPS group last year and I loved it, I was so sad to leave all of the great women that I met there when we moved out of state. http://www.mops.org/ 

I just recently joined a group on meetup.com you can search for groups by zip code.

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• None.  I didn't hang out with anyone but my husband and neighbor when my kids were babies.  As they got older they made friends in our neighborhood.  We don't do "playdates" even now.  My kids only ever interacted with each other as babies/toddlers.  It wasn't until my oldest was preschool age did they really start playing with other kids their own age that they weren't related to.  My kids have no problem making friends now.  Every kid in the neighborhood is friends with my kids.  They are constantly knocking on our door on the weekends (we had 4 kids over the other day).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• meetup.com
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I go to La Leche League meetings and then on the weeks they don't have meetings we meet up at the park on Thursdays. My daughter is still a little young to get much out of it, but it's good for me to have adult interaction other than my husband.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I met some great moms through the la leche league and I also run a playgroup on meetup.com with about 80 moms. We've got a close group of friends through that group and my oldest just started pre-k, so we are expanding our friends! If there isn't a group in your area, start one! Message me if you need any tips! ;)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I joined MOPS. It has been amazing for both me and my daughter. It is a great way to meet other mothers who know exactly what you are going through, and for your child to get some play time with other children. I am sure there is one in your area. www.MOPS.org
    SunFlower22

Answer by SunFlower22 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010