32 weeks pregnant and still undecided. Could use your opinion.

There's actually 2 things I'm undecided about.

1) Vbac or Repeat C-Section. ---- I would like to try Vbac but DH thinks I should do repeat c-section. I had a C-Section with my first because I wouldn't dilate further than 5 cm. I wanted a Vbac because I want to have that experience and I was in a lot of pain with my C-Section. Dh thinks another C-Section would be better because I went through it before and I'll know what to expect. MIL thinks I should have C-Section, also.

2) Bottle or Breast Feed. ---- I bottle fed my first born because I was young and I wasn't comfortable with breast feeding. Now I'm older and I feel different about it. But I'm unsure.

So please give me your opinion. I could really use it.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• What does Dr advise about c-section? I would try the breastfeeding and see how it goes. If it goes well it is an experience you will never forget and you can always go to bottle if you want. Best wishes to you!!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a C-section, and I was told that it's the only way I'll ever be able to have a baby again. I heard if you have had a c-section, it's best to do it that way, and maybe the only way.

I'll always bottle feed, it's a personal thing though. :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would try to have Vbac for the experience, if you can. And breastfeeding was a great experience for both me and my son. Moms milk helps immunity, I was SO greatful for that because my oldest was starting kindergarten and it helped keep LO healthy. It was easier at night than getting up and making a bottle, the bonding experience was great. I would not change that experience for anything.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would try new experiences if i was you... makes it more exciting :)....May u have a happy and healthy baby :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• First off you need to talk with the doc about the VBAC thing, but as long as the doc sees no problem with trying then go for it. My girlfriend was induced and wouldn't dilate either and ended in section the first time and the second time she wanted a VBAC and got a wonderful one the day before her scheduled section. As for nursing or formula I believe EVERY child should be breastfed unless there is a true medical reason why mom can't. It is cheaper and way easier then formula and if it doesn't work out then you can always switch to formula.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would research VBACs more and talk to your OB/GYN or midwife about it. If YOU want a VBAC, and you could possibly have one, I think you should look into it and see. They can always just be prepared for a C-section, but let you try to go vaginal. If it doesn't work out, just don't blame yourself or feel bad about it.

As far as breast/bottle feeding goes, give breast feeding a chance. Try for at least a few weeks, and see how things go (unless for some reason your body doesn't produce milk, then formula would be necessary). Breast feeding even for a few weeks can help babies tremendously with their immune system.

Just my opinion, and of course you don't have to do this. This is just what I would do if I was in your situation. Best of luck, and congratulations on the new baby! :)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• VBAC and Breastfeed. You can always get a c-section if you don't dilate. You can always bottle feed if you hate it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would try breastfeeding. U can alwayz go to bottle.
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 6:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 1) Do VBAC if that is what YOU want to do. Not what your hubby thinks would be best for you. If it goes different than planned your doctor would be the best person to inform you on not going VBAC and having another Csection if VBAC is not possible.

2) The whole breast is better than bottle is a load of BULL. I have done BOTH, boob and bottle, and both my kids are heathier than elephants :) The boob thing is all about what EACH mother feels they might want to accomplish and what might suit them the best. No 2 mothers will see eye-to-eye on the issue so dont bother ;)
    And, if you only do the boob for, say a month, DONT fret. Its a month you gave your kid as a start :)

Try the breast this time around. If it work, Kudos! And, if it doesnt? Who cares. Youll still feed your kid and THAT is what truely matters: the child eats :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 6:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You CAN have a VBAC and have had multiple csections. I had a friend recently that has had multiple csections and accomplishes a NATURAL VBAC :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 6:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010