Did anyone read the racist's article in the stir???

It mentions lilly-white tinkerbell and the person who I assume is a woman, writes she is ashamed of her child's racism.
Then says that it is a consolation the her daughter picked an asian fairy.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 6:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I just read it because you posted this. Otherwise, I never would have seen it. The whole thing is just dumb. If your child wants to choose what color doll they get - then just let them. I wouldn't worry with the whole being racist thing.. sorry but I have never heard someone tell a little kid that they were racist because they decided they wanted the black doll over the white one.. or the asian doll over the black doll... It is a toy and a movie. I think the whole article was dumb. IMHO
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• just read it, thanks to you. that is the stupidest thing ever! this is what i commented on it:

i think who wrote this may be the one with the racist issues! i think the child picked her favorites probably based on their outfits, or their "talents" based on the movies. personally, i like silvermist because she deals with water, and rosetta because her dress is made of roses. not because one is asian and one is white. give me a break! i can't imagine a stupider reason to not see a movie, because your daughter's least favorite is the african american one! OMG! maybe she just doesn't like the color yellow?!? children don't know anything about racism, unless it is taught.

i can't believe how dumb some people are!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I just had to post something because I was just in shock someone would write that article. I always liked Tinkerbell because she could fly and I don't even watch the show because well... I like other things. But thanks for agreeing.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There some iffy articles occasionally in the stir but mostly I think they do a fair job.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010