Have you ever taken a class that you thought you would love, but ended up hating it? (Or vice versa?)

I have two this semester. I thought I would HATE Chemistry, but I actually really enjoy it. I thought I would LOVE my developmental Psychology class, but I hate it. It's not even the subject matter that I hate, it's the way the teacher is. She assigned groups for the class, and we have to "make" a "baby" using things from the chapters in our book and pictures. It's such a pain and she won't explain anything, then bites the head off of anyone who asks her about it. It's ridiculous. This is the first time she's done this, and since she doesn't know exactly how it's supposed to be done, I guess she thinks WE should know.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in

• I took a business class in college...forget the name of it but it went into th, history of Unions and a whole lot of stuff....thought I'd hate it and everyone said the teacher was a real hard-a.....who NEVER gave anyone a grade above C. Turned out I loved the class, the teacher was one of the best I'd ever had and I ended up with a A. Ya just never know......
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i remember when i was in school i was sooooooo looking forward to biology.....i hated it after all
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I thought I'd hate lifespan psychology, which sounds like the same course you're currently hating. I loved it. I learned a lot about how my kids tick. The class I expected to love was art appreciation. I had a great instructor, but all the technical stuff we had to focus on nearly killed my love of art.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have one that I didn't really have any expectation, but it turns out I like it. What's funny to me is how many people in the class hate it. It's interdisciplinary, so there are computer people and sociology people. The hard core computer people hate how abstract it is and the soc people hate that it doesn't fit into their neat little sociology boxes and labels. The prof is an anthropologist. Apparently putting sociology people in a room with an anthro is like putting a bunch of Sharks in a room with a Jet...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Not yet but I still have quite a few more to take in order to finish my program. I am sure at some point I will come across something that was not as I expected it would be.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010