Do you ever feel like a hypacrit? (sp?)

I can give some pretty good advice about relationships. I've been happily married to my wonderful husb for over 12 yrs. But finding/making time for us to "connect" is getting ridiculous. It's been almost 2 mos & I really miss him/us! So does he. What do you do when you are on 2 completely different sleep scheds. & have kids under foot all the time? I feel like I should know this- but I'm at a loss here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• From my personal experience, and the ups and downs of a 25 year marriage.

Make time. That's it.. Time for the two of you to connect and be together just the two of you. Isn't just going to pop up and yell "Hey I'm here take advantage of me".. LOL Wish it did sometimes. But it doesn't.

Even with schedules as of wack. Time has to be made. Sometimes that means, staying up late, getting up early, putting the kids to bed early on a day when everyone's home, and the like.

Just step back. Take a look at each day as it presents itself. And see if there is (even if it is just a 15 minute space) an area/time in which that time can be made.

When my son was little. Sometimes it meant that I put something off until a later time (or my husband did) in order for us to have that time together. Ultimately, for us, it was worth it. EX: Spending time with my husband after dinner instead of washing dishes right then. Worth it. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• get a baby sitter and take a day off work.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010