What do you think is your best parenting idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• @ mygirlpaige
    I love that idea. it teaches them that nothing i life is free and also makes it to where they don't have a real allowance. i'm so stealing this idea.

my best parenting idea so far has been... listening to myself and not the advice everyone else has given me. i listen, take what i need and recycle the rest.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 9:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter's good behaviour throughout the week is awarded with fake dollars. She gets a "dollar" every time she does a chore without having been asked, at the end of the day if her behaviour was during the day, when she does good at school etc.. She uses her fak dollars on the weekend to "buy" privileges like playing video games, watching movies etc.

mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 6:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Let your baby fall asleep (for the night) on its own from infancy. Dont give it a bottle, rock it, or put it in bed with you. I did this from the time my kids were 4mons old and never had an issue with not going to bed, crying at bed time or getting out of bed thing. Don't put anything but formula in the bottle, put juice, water, or milk in a sippy cup, once they start not liking the taste of formula, they dont want the bottle, they want the sippy cup. BAM broken from the bottle just like that, I never once had a bottle weaning issue. Give them responsibilities. My son's "job" is kindergarten and its his responsibility to remember his "uniform and supplies for work", which is getting dressed and getting his backpack. Praise them 10 times every day, even if its for small things. Tell them you are proud of them and LOVE THEM unconditionally!! I tell my kids they are the most important people in my life. Always forgive them.
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 6:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Shaving cream always saves the day :)
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Think before you speak.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010