If you have Full custody of the child, can my ex reverse this? and if so, what grounds?

My childs father has been giving me a very hard time lately. My baby who is a toddler has been cursing at me (I don't curse) and when I ask where they heard those words, they say, 'my daddy' and when I called earlier to ask how the dad *he* handles his kid if the child doesn't want to eat dinner and he said well make more then just chicken, I never have this problem and was very arrogant. I feel as if I can't even call him when our child acts up anymore, that he is using this against me by his tone of voice and attitude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He has to be able to prove that you are not a fit mother. He has to also prove that you 2 can work together to make decisions that are in the best interest of the child.
    Based upon your story, he doesn't have the grounds to do either.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He has to prove you an unfit mother but yes it can be reversed depending on what the judge believes. They see through people that lie just keep on the straight and narrow and try to be good cusssing isn't a reason to take the child away
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It depends on who has the better lawyer. Anyone can say or do anything and if they have the best representation and the most money, that person will probably win in court. Just always make sure your own behavior is immaculate so that he can not accuse you of being unfit. This includes drug alcohol use as well as boyfriends sleeping over. Don't alienate his child against him and don't try to stop visitation.

lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He would have to prove that u are an unfit mother..and still then it's hard to take a child from the mom...as long as u are not abusing the child or using drugs...and so what u are giving chicken...as long as the child eats...there are plenty of nights when we get in late and i dont have time to cook.... we all eat a bowl of cereal and head striaght to bed..and we are not unfit...so dont worry yourself :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010