i have a three month old and still have ppd will i ever get better?

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Health

• Uhm stupid me, but what is ppd?
    Anonymous

• I highly suggest going to counseling because PPD is so serious. But yes chances are you will get better. Unless you were depressed already, then it might be that you are (like me) a depresive person. Like an alcoholic, it is something we have to work on all our lives.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The average length of time that a woman with PPD is on medication is nearly 2 years so please don't think that it will just clear up on it's own after a few months. It won't. You need to speak with your OB. If he or she won't help, seek a family therapist in your area.

You can plow through this all on your own over the next several YEARS, feeling lonely and isolated the whole time, or you can get help and feel better in a few months.

I also recommend getting a couple of books. I liked "This isn't what I expected". Just search Post Partum Depression at Amazon.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I had ppd after my last baby it took me 3 months to admit there was a problem, but You should definately see someone about it, it will really help.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 10:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008