Why do girls...

think that it is okay to stalk an ex? I mean you are broke up but they continually text, call, email, FB comment, etc... Why is it so hard to understand that when someone says they are done with the relationship then thats it?
Just curious!

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 6:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Either the guy wasn't clear, like he said something about just wanting to be "friends" and didn't really mean it, was just saying that to let them down nicely. Or they have a problem with being rejected. Or maybe they're a bit obsessed. My husband had a problem with a girl that only ever dated his best friend became obsessed with our relationship and him. We went to a get together with friends and I had to literally get between them about five times before she finally got the hint. He wasn't clear with telling her to back off because in his mind they were friends and he never thought of her that way because she was with his best friend but because he wasn't clear she become obsessed so I had to step in. I new what was going on because I'ld seen it happen before.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Who knows..

I will say this though.. I honestly, in my 47 years, have not met a single woman who chased after/continued to contact a man..etc.... that wasn't being encouraged to do so in some way shape or form, by said man.

Just my experience though. And I speak for my experience and mine alone. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That's not just a girl thing, guys do it too. Sometimes its just hard to let go. Any contact w/ that person is better than none. Eventually they will move on as long as the person they are going after gives them any sign of encouragement- like texting back, accepting their calls, etc. Unless they are unstable, in which case you need a restraining order!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• maybe the guy wasn't clear or it's more obvious like they can't let it go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010