I WONDER.......

WHEN I AM ON HERE EVERYDAY I SEE A NEW COMMENT BY SOMEONE THAT IS BEING MISTREATED BY THEIR SO OR DH. AND I WONDER, WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING THEM TO MISTREAT YOU IN WAYS THAT YOU FEEL WORTHLESS. ARE WE AS WOMEN THAT WEAK OR DESPERATE FOR LOVE THAT ITS OKAY TO LET MEN GET AWAY WITH CERTAIN THINGS. ESPECIALLY IF WE ARE THE ONES TAKING CARE OF THEM. JUST SOMETHING I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I wonder that too... Good point and I commend you for feeling that way.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• often they fear being alone.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• BUT WOULDNT YOU RATHER BE ALONE THAN TO GET PHISICALLY OR MENTALLY ABUSED. I KNOW I WOULD. I REFUSE TO BE MISTREATED.
    Anonymous

• I think for a lot of them it's the life they've always known.. either saw a parent being abused, or was the child being abused and it carries over in to their adult lives... and it is so sad that they wait so long to realize that they're worth the effort, that they're someone worth loving. I just feel so sad for all of the ones that wait too long and the person they think they love so much end up taking that womans life.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm glad I'm not the only women that feels that way. I don't understand it. I don't want to judge it because I am not in that situation so I can't possibly understand their motives. But I do believe that women stay in relationships like that because they have a low self image of themselves and maybe they think they won't get any better. Alot of women don't believe better is really out there. But speaking from experience, I can tell you that I have lived both lives. And until I found myself worthy of more that is what I accepted in my life. I'm happy to say that there is better out there for women and I have found that for myself. But it only happened when I believed I deserved more.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 12:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I bet sometime in our lives we allowed someone to miss treat us.
    Some people just do not know their worth..
    I thank God for all those assholes that were in my life at one time..
    because of them I am a strong woman, who knows my worth and I know what I will tolerate and what I will not tolerate.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• A lot of people grew up in dysfunctional families where they saw their own parent abuse the other parent and/or their kids. It is the only thing they know and associate mistreatment for love on a subconscious level. Only when you really love yourself can you accept true love from a partner. And loving, warm parents are the first teachers we have in learning to love ourselves.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• GOOD POINT I WONDER THAT TOO
    I WAS IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP WIT MA BD BUT WITH THE SUPPOORT OF MA FAMILY AND FRIENDS I WAS ABLE TO OVER COME THAT FEAR OF HIM AND WAS ABLE TO GET MA DAUGHTER AND STUFF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
    Anonymous

• IT REALLY BOTHERS ME THAT YOU CAN BE SO INSENSITIVE ABOUT MILLIONS OF WOMEN SITUATIONS. ARE YOU THAT IGNORANT OR JUST BLIND TO REAL LIFE? SOMETIMES BETTER YET A LOT OF TIMES IT'S EASIER SAID THAT YOU'RE GOING TO WALK AWAY THEN DONE. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NEVER BEEN IN SUCH A SITUATION, OR YOU'RE JUST SO STRONG, AND MIGHTY THAT YOU CAN EASILY BREAK AWAY FROM ANYTHING. I BET YOU ARE MAKING THIS STATEMENT AND HAVE PLAYED THE FOOL MANY OF TIMES AND U ARE PROBABLY PLAYING IT NOW. IT'S NOT THAT WE'RE WEAK OR DESPERATE FOR LOVE IS JUST THAT LOVE IS BLIND, AND IT MAKES U WEAK AND TURNS U INTO A SUCKA. TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE MORE UNDERSTANDING, WOULD YA!
    Anonymous

• I guess they must like the abuse, cause there is no way in hell I would let any man put a finger on me. I could care less if he's my childrens father. I have self respect, and I adore my kids and would not want to give them that kind of life. So for all you women in abusive relationships..its time to GET OUT!!! My aunt was in an abusive relationship way too long, and she is no longer with us because of it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU
    Anonymous