Could she be going into puberty at almost 5yo?

I have a 4yo almost 5yo autistic daughter and she is already starting to get dark prickly hair on her legs and pimples and her armpits and feet sweat alot. She eats limited food she is very picky even though i try and give her lots of choices through out the day. Can a child this young really be going through puberty? And why would she be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's not puberty, it's genetics. It probably has to do with your nationalities and immediate families traits. Some kids are just sweatier then others. If you really have a concern, ask your Pediatrician.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 1. it could just be your kid... dont worry about it.
    2. She could be going through puberty.. Is her chest starting to "bud"? Is she getting pubic hair/underarm hair? It is rare but kids even as young as 3 can go through puberty (usually gave meds to stop it).

My daughter is almost 4 & her leg hair is very dark & course (it feels like someone has shaved her legs a few times) its just genetics..

Now I did go through puberty young. By the 3rd grade I started my period. Everyone is different.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my dd started at 6..she was had pubic an underarm hair by 5..breast by 6..an period by 8..i would have to say its just genetics..girls are developing so early now...
    doc told me in may my 2yr dd has pubic an underarm hairs sprouting already..just hope she dont get boobies by 6 likr her big sis did..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If she is overweight, it's a small, (very small) possibility. But most likely something else.

Medications she's on maybe a reason for this, genetics, or a few other disorders so check with your pediatrician .
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• definitely something you need to talk to you Doc about.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My 5 y/o DD is already having to wear deoderant. I am hoping it is genetics, and not that she is already hitting puberty! That scares me. I am taking her to the Dr. just to be on the safe side. Good luck!
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 10:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• OMG kids this days are growing up so fast it is scary for me...i want my babies to stay baby
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010