My 2 year old had to have his 2 top front teeth crowned today...

has anyone had a child that had to have this done and if so when did they start eating and drinking normally? His doctor said that he would be kind of out of it today and he has been drinking but he refuses to eat anything, even soft stuff.

Leigh519121

Asked by Leigh519121 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Son had dental surgery at 18 months and it took him about two days to stat eating again. The doctor told me to give him tylenol and motrin alternating them back and forth for the first fourty eight hours. As long as he is drinking then that's enough to keep him hydrated. That is what you need to focus on. He will start eating as the pain eases up.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• So Sorry
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 7:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thank you, hsmominky! I have been giving him pain medicine and he's been drinking. He had a nice little 2 hour screaming session, but he's calmed down and is back to sleep finally. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a big change :)
    Leigh519121

Comment by Leigh519121 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2010