Teens and Sex

Are teenagers emotionally equipped to have sex? Why or why not?

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 6:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No. Teens can't tell emotions like love and enthusiasm apart. They say they love somebody 1 week after they start dating them and then they get over that big love within another week.

mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Not in this era. When teenagers were expected to be getting married and starting families, things may have been different. Nowadays it's better for them to wait until they are at the commitment stage of life.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 7:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think so in general, but there are always exceptions. I think if you aren't prepared to have a child you shouldn't have sex. Wish I would have thought of that in high school. It would have saved me a lot of heartache. Thankfully my stupidity didn't get me pregnant.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• no bc if they arent prepared for the consequences possible from sex then they shouldnt be having sex
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think they do but they thing is, they think they do. I am sure our parent's did not think we did either but we were sure we knew what we were doing (well I did any way). I wish I had not had sex as a teen but we learn by our mistakes I guess.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hell no!!! They have no business even starting to date until they are 16.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Studies show that the brain is not fully developed until the early 20s. Teenagers have poor impulse control and decision making skills. it is probably not a good idea for most teens to be having sex, but a good number of them lack the impulse control and forethought it takes to A) not have sex and B) to fully understand the consequences of their actions.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• most of the time no.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Teens and sex... . Safe sex is using a condom to prevent HIV/AIDS/Hep/STD and the Depo shot pervents pregnancy. Double up! One of my daughters friends thought she was pregnant - I got caught up in the momment and forgot to use a condom. And one of my friends did get pregnant. I forgot to take the pill... So teenagers will be teenagers... Curious, horney, exsperimental.... Are they ready? Most probably are not.... But it's upto us as parents to educate our children on Safe Sex....
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, I don't think so.Most girls do it due to pressure & boys just want to do it all the time due to hormones. Someone always gets hurt
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010