Do you allow your hubby to have close female friends who aren't you?

Is it healthy for your husband to have close emotional friendships with women who aren't you (his wife?) Why or why not?

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 7:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• For me no I would not allow him to be that emtionally close to another women does he talk to other women yes he does but he needs to be closest to me I feel that you tell your closest friends things and I want that to be me and I feel that would be emotional cheating because they get closer and closer with someone
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No Having an emotional relationship w/another woman is cheating. There's different types no only physical. Men can not ....and this is said by other men too...have close relationship w/other woman b/c it's just a tempation to cheat.
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 7:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Emotional involvement w/another woman besides your wife is a STEP closet to catch him cheating in bed. First there friends then become close friends than emotionally invloved next thing you know they're in bed.
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 7:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it is find as long as all parties are aware of the boundaries. and no one is unhappy or uncomfortable with what is going on. There are boundaries that I think need to be upheld by everyone involved. I have friends that are male and there is not a hint of impropriety. I think that is the key, everyone needs to be completely transparent in all that goes on.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• depends on how close... but friends are allowed... i do believe inthe term emotional cheating so i would be weary if he was coming home from her late or if he was telling her stuff he didnt feel comfortable tellin me
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 7:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No way. I am not allowed so he sure as heck is not either. Wht's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If my SO wanted to have close female friends, I would let him. I trust him completely. And he lets me have male friends. So... I would let him.
    But i totally trust my SO, and he trusts me. If you dont, it will bring more problems than it is worth. JMHO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sometimes women can be insecure but not in my case. I'm not one bit insecure...but let's be realistic...MEN ARE STUPID sometimes...most times lol And they are not like us woman . There's nothing wrong w/men having a female friend but there is somwthing wrong if there being emotionally involved...which is different than just being friends. I know many men who have said is themelves...it's only tempation becoming too close to another woman other than your wife. YOu SEE WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT MEN CAN BE IN LOVE...AND HAVE DIFFERENT SEX PARTNERS...AND LOVE THEM TOO...I MEAN IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME...SAD BUT TRUE...AND MEN PLAYING W/FIRE AND WOMAN ALLOWING IT WELL THEY'RE BOUND TO CHEAT
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 7:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't feel right about going out with another man alone, and hanging out. I'm just not comfortable with that and feel no need for that in my life. I don't forbid my husband to do anything, he chooses to do the same for me, because he's not comfortable. However we have mutual friends, and I trust my husband. He has helped my friends move while I was at work or something and I'm not worried about it. My husband, however is my bestfriend and should be spending that time with me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• aND IF WOMAN on here...think there men to be SOME PERFECT HUMAN being who WOULD NEVER cheat...well good luck to you all! B/c i trust my husband but i also know he's a man and if he plays w/fire he;ll get burned like any other man
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 7:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010