Lying

Is it ok for your kids to lie to you?

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 7:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• HELL NO! That is my BIGGEST no no with him...he knows he will get in more trouble if he lies than telling the truth about doing something wrong!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't mind little white lies but she never lies-at least not yet. She's 5 though so I don't know what's coming!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nope. It's not okay. Being lied to or accused of lying is one of my major buttons.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 7:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• NOPE!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• NO WAY...my kids know ohhhhh they know that i do not condone being lied to or for them to lie to anyone...i rather have the truth may it be bad or whatever then to be a fool...that is probably my ONE AND MAIN rule in my home...so my kids know that if they tell me the truth on there own they have nothing to worry about so they never lie never have and never will...I TELL THEM "MOMMY HAS A BIRD THAT TELL HER EVERYTHING" so they are terrify of the bird that sees and tells all....lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No it is never ok for them to lie
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• no. My daughter will get in more trouble for lying than she will for being honest and upfront. If it's an accident and she tells me right up front what she did, she won't get punished.. if she lies.. oh yes is she getting grounded.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well no..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Why would you ask that? Of COURSE not!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2010