Why is there a double standard??? adult content

We dont agree with the fact that in some cultures they circumsize the females..Yet it is okay to do it to males...Why do we look at it as a horrible thing to be done to girls but not our little boys??

(And please spare me..I am NOT refferring to the young girls being forced to have this done..I mean the girls who WANT it done because that what they are taught)...

People say not to get tattoos and peircings because that is messing with Gods creation..Well so is cutting off a little boys skin on his penis!

This is coming from a mom who has two little boys who ARE circumsized...I am so put off by this procedure..Its cruel! There is NO legitimate reason to have this done. Before it was because it was the norm..then people said it was because its cleaner...but its bull...An uncircumsized male can be just as clean..It depends on hygiene...Not whether there is a little more skin on their penis or not!

Whu is this okay???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• how do they circumcise females? oh my goodness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• While I think female circumcision is quite a bit more radical than male circumcision, I don't really see the point to male circumcision either, unless it's for religious (Jewish) reasons. My son is not circumcised, it never really entered my mind to do so...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well, isn't the point of a female circumcision to rid them of any pleasure? I guess I don't see them as being the same thing. I have no boys, therefore do not have an opinion one way or the other about male circumcisions, but the female one is done to take away her chance of ever experiencing an orgasm. Of course, I could be wrong.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Because for boys it's a matter of health. For women it's not feeling any pleasure when having sex. It's 2 completely different things.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i feel that it is mean to. but ive got two boys and with the way the world is today theres no way i would have ever changed my mind on getting it done or not
    niki0509

Answer by niki0509 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that it is ridiculous to compare the two. With that in mind it is up to us as parents to decide whether there is any benefit in circumcising. As with anything else we as parents make choices according to what we think is best for out little ones. That is how I will choose. For MY family we will choose to circumsize any boys that we have but that is our choice. Why does it matter what other think on the issue? And if you were to research there is a great difference in male vs female circumcision. With a girls they are just cutting skin, in my mind it is mutilation.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The point of female circumcision is to rid the female of please (1) the cut of the clitoris, and (2) to prevent them from having sex, by sewing the vaginal entry way so that only a menstruation may happen until they are married and okay-ed to have sex.

a male circumcision was for religious practices, minimizing the foreskin, now more commonly used to minimize health risks..cancers and such
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• please=pleasure lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Female circumcision does not always include removal of the clitorus.

Most female circumcision ( I have 2 friends who this was done to as children) involves removal of the clitoral hood. Which is pretty much the same as removing the male foreskin. They both fully enjoy their sex lives, orgasm..etc.. They just have less sensation in their clit than a woman who still has her hood does.

As for health benefits of male circumcision. The health benefits that are attributed to male circumcision are pretty much the same health benefits of good hygeine. Correlation between the two have been shown, not causation.

With all that said.

Circumcising or not. Is purely a parental choice issue. Nothing more nothing less. Each parent who chooses to circ or not. Does so for their own reasons.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you circumcise a male they could have a lower risk of urinary tract infections... lower risk of getting cancer of the penis... lower risk of getting a sexually transmitted disease.... prevention of foreskin infections...prevention of phimosis ( condition in uncircumcised males that makes foreskin retraction impossible) and its easier genital hygiene...

Those have all been proven in research studies. It is even one of the papers I got when I had my younger boy circumcised. It was my choice. So, there ya go.. To each their own.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010