bacterial vaginosis adult content

How many of you girls have had this? I feel like this nasty dirty person which is totally not me. I take a showers a day and I keep myself really clean. I even take a shower after sex. But I went to my doctor today and found out I have it and I am 19 weeks prego. It cant harm the baby but I got it from letting a UTI go for too long. Just wondering if any moms have had this before.

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I too had it and felt teh same way you did! I got it only when I was pregnant, and it happened twice. My doc said it's the difference in the PH level when you are pregnant. I felt awful though! Don't worry you aren't alone!

ArmyWifeMamaRN

Answer by ArmyWifeMamaRN at 7:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thank goodness. I am sitting here just like ewww really. I am so discusted with myself. Lol. But I am glad I am not alone.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There is a balance of bacteria and yeast in your body. When one takes over, you get Yeast=yeast infection or bactiera=bacterial infection. It's not uncommon with hormone changes to get either. It has nothing to do with being dirty. It won't harm the baby but you don't want to keep it so get the meds.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had it with both of my pregnancies. It's the imbalance in hormones. You aren't dirty :)
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yea and utis arent much better they are cause normally by a strain of ecoli most of the time coming from you, ive had them plenty not the vaginosis but i still felt dirty bc im clean and the thought of ecoli being up there was gross but its all common and it doesnt matter how clean you are
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yeah..you'll be fine after awhile just stick to your prescription..& congrats
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010