How much do you pay your babysitter? For how many children and what ages?

Leigh519121

Asked by Leigh519121 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• We haven't hired a babysitter yet besides grandparents because our son is only six months old. However, when I was babysitting before I got pregnant in the last year or so, I got around $10.00 per hour because the parents and the kids always liked me as a babysitter. They never really paid based on how many children I watched. I would say that if you have two kids, it is okay to pay hourly. (In addition to playing with the kids, changing diapers, the regular things with the kids, I washed the dishes and straightened up after the kids went to sleep so that the parents didn't have to come home and face chores after a nice evening out. At least, that was what I understood I was supposed to do. I never really had time to watch TV.) I would say that if my babysitter did that, I would pay her at least $10.00 per hour. If she didn't, I would give her the minimum wage, $7.00 - $8.00 per hour or whatever it is.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 1 child and $15 per day regardless of age.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• $8 an hour for one 5yo.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• $5/hr. . 18months
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i pay my ds's babysitter $10.00 a day. don't have to pay for his food or milk or anything. she's family and watches him with her daugther. he's 2 and her daughter is 3. we normally pay her $15.00 a day, but she keeps telling me we over pay. for friends it's $15.00 a day, same rules.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 8:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I only use a baby sitter for date nights. I pay her $40 for over night, usually about 15 hours. Obviously, DD is sleeping the majority of the time. The sitter said she charges less for sleeping hours which was fine by me.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010