i cought my 10 yr. old son watching hard core porn on the internet

i was shocked when i open the lap top and i saw that my son was watching hard core porn on the internet. i have parental controls on the computer but he was using my profile, i trusted him and never imagine that he was going to do somthing like that but things happenned and i feel help less, i don't know what to do i already talk to him about it, but i don't know what else to do. i know that that was those images are very traumatizing.

precious79

Asked by precious79 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• whats the big deal. he's a 10 year old kid and he's obviously curious about the stuff you've obviously not talked to him about. does he have a father? cause a father wouldn't have hid a curious kid from that. human beings are sexual creatures and a pre adolescent boy wonders about sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• What did he say when you talked to him?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• WOW...my son is 9yrs old and i think he is still so baby idk he just still so little boy...i pray to god he don't grow...lol having kids is so scary at times...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Act now. Make sure he is aware that this is unacceptable behavior. I would take away all computer privileges for the time being. When you want to give him some privileges again, make it so that you have to be in the room with him.

Does his dad watch porn? Not any of my business, so you don't have to answer, but if it's not something that's okay for your son, you'll want to make sure he isn't noticing dad watching it.

Good luck.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 7:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Porn gives children a distorted view of sex. It is IILEGAL for children to watch porn, that's the big deal. It's way over sexualized, it's not real sex, and most of it is disrespectful to women and makes them look like objects. He is way too young to process everything he saw. He may have just clicked on something not realizing what he was getting into! I have done that not looking at porn! Once it gets on the screen it has a funny way of being hard to close out, or it pops back up. I get so sick of people thinking it's no big deal it's just porn. There are reasons for the age limit on porn. You are okay for feeling the way you feel. Talk to him, ask him what he thought of it, if he had any questions. Just to see how he took it in.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am sure you were Shocked & Upset when you opened your laptop but, 10 year olds are getting very curious about their bodies & everything else that goes along with it- i'm not saying they are curious about Hard Core Porn but, they are wondering about what Sex is All about! No Worries Momma; your son might of been Freaked- Out alittle but, i doubt very seriously that he was Traumaized:) They have a couple of good books for his age- One is called: "All about Boys" i can't think of the other one right now but, you can find them at Barnes & Noble- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would say it is completely normal. You need to talk to him about it, but stay calm and collected, don't freak out and don't punish him for it. Tell him that it is not okay, but punishing him make it seem like a dirty thing when in reality sex is totally normal. Also I agree with daisyb, I doubt he was traumatized and he probably was a little weirded out at the most. Just remember it's normal and it needs to be talked about, don't put it under the rug.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• me and his dad are divorce, but we have join custody, he goes to his dad on the weekends. my son finally told me that this kid from his dad's neighborhood told him about that site.
    precious79

Comment by precious79 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think its curiousity and that maybe he has questions about his body and its changes that he's afraid to ask.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 8:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Time to change your password!

It's normal for them to be curious....all you can do is talk to him about it and make sure he no longer has access to your accounts.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010