Feeding kids is harder than it sounds...lol Dont ya think?

My son is 7 and LOVES his veggies...mainly raw! He says he hates chicken hamburger...basically meat.

But here is what made dinner interesting tonight with my little vegetarian son! He says "whats for dinner, is that chicken? I HATE chicken!" Dh says "no its "turkey" (just a tiny white lie, lol) So Tyler gobbles it up...as he eats his last bite I say, "you like that turkey huh?" Tyler: YES!!! Me: "that's good b/c its chicken" Tyler almost spit it out!!! KIDS!!!

Ugggg...he was LOVIN eat until he knew the real name for it was chicken!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think karma bit me in the butt when i had my son. Years ago when I had just 3 girls and they ate everything! I didn't believe in picky eaters and felt it was just the parents spoiling the kid and giving.
    Yeah now I have a 5 yr old that will barely eat and lord knows the last time he ate a veggie or a piece of fruit. He will actually go hungry if he doesn't like something. now I have a true understanding of life with a picky eater,lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• As long as he is eating a balanced diet, which it sounds like he is with the veggies, I wouldn't force him to eat something that he doesn't want, even if he likes it when you tell him that it something different. It is his choice to not eat chicken, maybe you should ask him why he doesn't like to eat it? Maybe there is more to it than what he is telling you.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You shouldn't have told him it was chicken. LOL!! Now he isn't going to eat turkey either. We told my niece for 10 years that she was eating "chicken casserole" when she was really eating tuna casserole (noodles, tuna. cream of mushroom soup). She told us it wasn't very nice. But she now eats tuna casserole. Little white lies are ok when it comes to feeding our kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That is funny....I wish that work on my 4 year old!lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good Luck! Sounds like you have a very strong and independent young man!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When I met my husband he told his daugher 4-5 at the time... that all meat was chicken. She liked chicken and was painful to eat anything else. So Steak, fish, turkey = chicken. Sad but she was probably 9 before we started tellining her the difference. She always had to eat dinner, but it cut down on the crazy complaints.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• LMAO, my parents use to do that to me but with pig because I stopped eatting it when I was 5.. only problem was that I literally would vomit after I found out, so they only did it once or twice (teaches them to take a 5 year old to a pig roast).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I guess what I would do is if you are going to trick him.. wait a few years before telling him the truth, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• kisa are a pain....and they always pick something they dont want to eat! I love that he ate it all up and then wanted to spit it out.... :D my son wont eat a tomato, but he goes through a bottle of ketchup every 2 weeks....my daughter will eat tomatoes all day, but wont touch ketchup... Im sick of hunting down stuff for dinner!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010