Does your husband lie about the littlest things?

Mine does and it makes me not trust him. How can I get him to understand that he does not need to do that, I've always forgiven him and I've told him numerous times I will always be understandable as long as it's not about cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say.

The best way to make him see that he doesn't need to do that.. Is to find out the root reason(s) behind why he does it.

There is a reason(s) why he chooses to lie about things instead of being truthful. Find out the reason, and you will be better able to explain as to "why" he doesn't need to do it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes and i tell him how i know that he does and i said he should just stop. i trust him though. he just doesn't want me upset with him so he tries to cover things up. he did tell me he lost this money he had and later when i said you can't be trusted with money he said that eh lied about it. he still had it but was saving it for my birthday surprise. so yea he lies but glad it's just the small things he lies about. it's not as if i don't know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yep. It's a thing called pathological lying with mine. It was caused by his mother. (She'd lie to him so he grew up lying back to her.) He's been working on fixing it but I still catch him here and there. I can only suggest you speak to him openly about it and confront him each and every time (no attitude). Explain to him why it upsets you and remind him that he makes it hard for you to trust him. Don't make it easy for him to lie either. When you ask him questions be sure to ask a few times saying 'you're not lying to me are you because I really need to know the truth here.' (again, no attitude.) As sad as it sounds, you're going to have to restore that 'bad feeling' a person is suppose to have when they lie and it's going to take uncomfortable situations where he's faced with your distrust in him. I hate to say it, you'll have to treat him like a kid and reward him with praise when he does tell you the truth.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 8:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it's something the two of you should talk about.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010