Eating habits

So my youngest will be 2 in 2 months. (My oldest is my step son and I didnt do this part with him.) And he's gotten where he'll only eat one real good meal a day. Other than that its a total fight. Never the same meal or food. He'll usually eat a good lunch or dinner. Thats it. Just a phase??? What do you ladies think?

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's fine. sometimes they spread their eating out during the day, sometimes it's consolidated lol. my husband is like that (basically just eats one large meal and the rest is some snacks.... not a real meal) and so is my middle child. i think it's just how they are and since his dad is like that i don't think he'll change

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Just a phase, but could last awhile. My 2 yr old is more of a snacker so I give her stuff in a bowl throughout the day. Just make sure he is taking a vitamin and he will eat when he gets hungry!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• could be a phase
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Eh, it really doesn't matter. Kids that age only need about 1/4 of the calories we need, so 500-600 for the day. That's only one meal for us, but it's plenty for them. And it's also fine if they get it all at once or spread out.

Carson is 3, and he goes back and forth between doing exactly that and snacking all day with no real "meals". In the end, it's all the same. I wouldn't fight him. It's not worth it in the long run.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010