My daughter is 19mnth is she ready to potty train?

My daughter is 19 mnths old and she know when she is we because she takes her diaper off and puts it in the trash. But she still isnt talking so i dont know how she would communicate with me if she has to go potty. So is it time to potty train her?

Lauren4886

Asked by Lauren4886 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started potty training when my daughter was 10months old, because thats about the time when they can sit up by themself alone for a couple minutes.

So yes, your daughter is absolutely ready for it. BUT the "is a child rdy for potty?"- question is more a question for the parents. Are THEY ready for it?! the baby is ready whenever you are.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If your daughter is throwing away her diaper on her own I would say she's ready. If you're worried about communication learn the sign for bathroom (http://asluniversity.com/asl101/pages-signs/b/bathroom.htm) and teach your daughter instead of saying mommy i have to go potty to come to you and just sign potty/bathroom. good luck!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• MA DAUGHTER DID NOT START TALKING TILL SHE WAS ALMOST 2 YRS OLD BUT WE STARTED POTTY TRAINING AT 6 MONTHS AND ONE OF HER COUPLE OF WORDS WAS "P" AND NOW SHES BEEN WITHOUT DIAPERS SINCE SHE WAS 11 MONTHS OLD AND NOW SHES 2YRS AND 3 MONTHS.
    hz_babymama

Answer by hz_babymama at 1:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• There really isn't a set age to potty train, it is really up to each child when they are ready. It took my oldest daughter until 2 1/2 to get potty training down right. If she is throwing her diaper away i would say it is time to start. Good luck!
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• MY DAUGHTER WAS POTTY TRAINED AT 18MNTHS, AND HAS NEVER HAD AN ACCIDENT DAY OR NIGHT!
    MY SON WAS POTTY TRAINED AT 19 MNTHS, STILL HAS ISSUES AT NIGHT. BUT WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE, HE HAS BEEN ACCIDENT FREE FOR 2 MONTHS.

GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 2:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If she wants to sit on the potty, do it! My son started sitting on teh potty when he was 13 mo. He wasn't ready to be trained, but he got used to the idea of sitting there, and he liked it. When you start it is best just to take them every hour or two. when she starts to figure out she needs to go, she will find a way to tell you.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 3:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i believe she could be my dd was trained since she was 18 monts it felt so good to not buy diapers saved a lot of money!
    missesshumate

Answer by missesshumate at 6:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My bf and his mom claim he was been potty-trained at 10 months and I believe them!
    Anonymous