Summer heat and baby skin

During the summer when it is so hot and your baby gets sticky and sweaty how often can you bathe them and it wont bother their skin?

jaevenmomma

Asked by jaevenmomma at 4:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i still would not bathe thim everyday, i would just wash mine off with a warm clothe and some baby lotion about every other day.
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 4:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• regardless we always have bathtime every evening.. but if he gets hot and sweaty during the day i wipe him off with wet wipes and put some powder on him.. it helps with the sweating and keeps him cool.. also get the sunblock that you can spray on that way you're not coating him with a thick lotion that needs to be washed off, and the new 'smooth and dry' bug spray (i think its made by off) I love it.. they are not sticky, wont be hot on them, and can be easily wiped off with a wetwipe during the day until bath time
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 5:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My baby (7 months) gets baths every day since she was about 2 months, and it doesn't bother her skin. I only use lotion about every other day, I did the same with my oldest. In my experience, if I skipped bathing my oldest --THEN she would have problems. She was kind of a chunk though and had tons of rolls!
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2008