What are the odds?

I'm 22 years old and pregnant with my first baby. I found out today the my risk of having a baby with down syndrome is 1/67. That is the average risk of a 42 year old. These results are from the blood screening. I have looked online at other peoples stories. And I know that everyone is different. I go for my second ultrasound and genetic counseling in a week. I know that I will most likely have the amniocentesis done just to make sure. It would be horrible to have to go through the rest of my pregnancy not knowing. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Keep up the face. The odds are usually wrong. Your baby may still be normal and healthy.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i never had any of that testing done cause id love baby anyway them test can give false positive and why worry whole pregnancy
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010