any advise on what to do???

my little two year old daughter cries for everything or mostly when she doesnt get things he way any advise?

lefty_69

Asked by lefty_69 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stick to it and don't give in.
    Be ready to walk out of places
    Keep consistent in punishment.
    Breath alot,so you stay calm.
    Never let them see you frazzled
    .I'm going through this right now with my 2yr old DS, but I do know it will get better. I halso have an 11yr old DS and we went through it with him. Just when you think it will never stop they'll turn a corner and an you'll be so glad that you did the right thing and raised a polite child.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Explain to her to use her words. Do not give in.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i still go thru it..myself i just tell her no..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm fighting this too. Basically I tell her to go to her room and only come out when she's ready to talk about it. If she tells me no, I take her to her room and she gets a time out to boot. If she demands me for something for her I look at her and say "Ask me nicely." And she now recites 'may I have --item--, please?'. Usually I will get it when she does ask nicely, but if my answer is no and she throws a fit, see the 'go to your room' routine. Always supply a reason the best you can. "no, because we don't have any more juice" or "no, because we're going to be leaving soon" etc. Our rule is - if you want to cry about it, you're perfectly fine crying about it in your room, not where it's going to disturb everyone else. (Crying from injury is a totally different story, of course.)
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 10:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yup, what they said. She will get past this but you have to be firm!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think its a phase. I just stop trying to argue and completely ignore and the screaming and kicking acts are getting shorter now. My son realizes that I wont give in and in less then 2 minutes now he is back to playing by himself. Don't even argue about it, because that is giving them a reaction and feeding into it.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010