whats a good age to start spanking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my girls are 5 and 2.5 and I spank both of them when they need it I think I started the spanking the butt when they were 12 months maybe 18 months old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Never
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• spanking def. only creates the idea that hitting is ok...I did it once with my DS (2 1/2)..he laughed and then hit me back..NEVER again!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• if spanking works for you as discipline, then by all means, more power to you. we tried it and it worked for a while probably starting around 18 months. it was more a trial and error trying to figure out what discipline worked for kenzie. we stick her in her room now, and that's what works for us.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I dont spank my ds...i give him time out and it works...bcuz he cant stand to sit still without any tv or toys...i started the time-out method at age 2
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• never. do not spank
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• it not a good method of discipline and once you start it will be hard to stop
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• when they start crawling
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Try timeouts, postive reinforcement and grounding. I use all three of these methods with my soon to be three yr old daughter. And it is highly effective. I use spanking as a last resort and its only to get her attention and make her pay attention to what I am saying.
    tncalhoon

Answer by tncalhoon at 9:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• never? Whats so wrong that you cant think of another way to handle the problem? Maybe if we know the problem we can offer other solutions for you.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010