Do you give money to homeless people on the street?

If not, do you walk past them or do you offer food instead? What do you do?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 8:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I am walking past them, I will be kind and offer them afew dollars [if I have it in my wallet]. There was this one occassion where the kids & I were out driving, and we saw this homeless man ~ I went to McDonalds got a meal then rode up and down till we found him again. When we did, we gave him the food and a spare blanket we had in the car. It made ALL our night. I teach my kids to do for others as you would want done to you.
    NYladybug

Answer by NYladybug at 10:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It depends... If there is a store nearby and I am not busy I will give them food... otherwise I will give them money. My brother still gives me hell for this but I figure that what goes around comes around... so I continue doing it :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I give money because out here they sell the Voice a paper written by homeless people so its positive I give them a donation and help them out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I ignore them.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i have given money, invited to lunch i think that everyone needs somebody in this world...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i would always give them dollars, untill i had a man who smelled like alcohol come up to me, now i cant tell who is hungry who is a drunk or who is a scammer
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am often told not to give money because they will most likely buy drugs, alcohol, etc.. Give them food, or often them information on where they can go, some of those people arent homeless at all and unfortunately you cant tell...

Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 8:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nope. There are lots of charities that I do give to. And honestly, it annoys me that they stand at every traffic light and beg for money (at least here in S. FL they do) and stare into my car all toothless and making puppy dog eyes. Sorry. But find someone else to fund your meth addiction.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When I have the money I do. I give money mainly to veterans.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't give cash, but I keep a few McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's gift cards in my purse and will give them one so they can get something to eat.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010