Does the Shankill Butcher song give you chills?

It's soooooo spooky! OMG! I can't believe it was a lullaby based on a group of murderers.
I'm not offended by it, it just creeps me out!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• i have never heard it..but i have noticed a lot of lullaby have some sort of violence or murder to it..who was writing these songs for their kids..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Here I'll give you the link to the song. It's about the band of killers that ran around Ireland killing Catholics. Just crazy. The song just gives me chills.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIF9U4KDdWg
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• oh wow..i actually dont like this old man..sounds like he torching you by playing on your bones
    theres one bout the pied piper that made me think he was a pedophille..he took your kids to this other world an never bought them back..i will post the other ones when i think of them..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• oh i an im goin to watch it rite now
    FreeSpriT4eva

• oh it ring around the rosie is the name one of the other songs i dont like
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i just finish listening to it..i singing itself is creepy..i dont even like the lyrics
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know! The fact that the story is true is what gives me chills! In Ireland they would sing this to keep the kids inside at night!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• so i would think these kids would have to have nightmares after hearing this song..its like singing about the boogey man or freddie krueger..thats where i heard ring round the rosie..an didnt like it anymore..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That's actually quite lovely. My favorite song done as a tribute to child killings is "Suffer Little Children" by Morrissey (from The Smiths...don't know if you're familiar with the artist). He grew up in England around the time when these killings took place and they affected him so profoundly that he wrote about this song many years later.Check out the link and tell me what you think-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLJxoR1tH4

Sorry, I don't know why it won't let me create an actual link this morning.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• LOL Sorry no offense to you at all, but I can't stand Morrisey! My ex was obsessed with him! I can't listen to him, I get aggrivated! LOL Yes, I'm very familiar with the song though! :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010