How can I get a life without my dh? I have given him my 100% for 20 years but now I'm tire because all he does is think about himself before me and my dd.

I've never done anything other than take care of him and dd. I'm at a lost, I also feel no energy to do anything. What do you do without dh to keep yourself busy and not think about dh and the problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not in your circumstance but the first thing that came to my mind was to just get out and do SOMETHING. Don't ask permission, don't think about it too much. Just find something you think you might like to learn more about, and go do it. I use our local newspaper to find things for our family to do on weekends - I literally read the paper with scissors in my hand so I can cut out items that interest me. We don't make it to all of them, but it's a start and I have somewhere to look when it's Saturday morning and we have no plans. Another great source is your local community center - you know, the ones who put on tennis classes and aerobics and belly dancing and who knows what else. Those classes aren't usually expensive.

Good luck mama - you have earned this, and you deserve it. Go do something fun for those of us with toddlers who can't!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• go to the gym, take up a hobby, go on a nice vacation! :) good luck!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would say

The very first step to finding a life outside of your husband is by finding yourself.

Find yourself first... And the life you are looking for will open up to you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with pixie_trix!
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 10:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010