what do you think of arguing with your couple in front of your two toddlers?

lefty_69

Asked by lefty_69 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think having disagreements in front of kids are OK. That is, if they're calm and cool. Yelling and screaming need to be taken away from the kids though. If you can discuss differences in opinion without letting it get out of hand, then you're modeling a very good behavior which can help teach a kid how to handle themselves in similar situations. DH and I can get into heated disagreements but the moment we feel it getting out of hand (like one of us wants to yell or storm out) we immediately stop and pick it up later. It happens once in a great while and its taken us awhile to get good and putting it away for private discussion later. Funny thing is, its never as heated as it was early so it serves a double purpose!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wish my parents had done more of this in front of me as a child. I am terrible with confrontation and arguments because I NEVER witnessed them.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that if you talk about something without name calling, yelling, screaming, etc... then to a point it is ok, it can show children how to handle things between them, now if it the yelling, screaming and so on, then no and something would have to change.
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 8:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DH and I rarely argue, however when we do, we never hide it from our children. I don't believe it's healthy to do so. Children need to understand that couples argue and disagree, but that at the end of the day they can still love one another. Now, FIGHTING is different, but if you are actually fighting, you have bigger problems then whether or not your kids see it happen...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It is OK as long you do not talk bad about each other. Disagreeing is one thing, but putting each other down is what can be harmful.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 9:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ummm....arguing with your couple?
    Oh please.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My neice's parents faught in front of her. Her husband's parents never disagreed in front of him. So when they disagree or fight, he thinks the world is falling apart.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with 100% with Army108th.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 10:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If your child can see it through... you disagree. you argue. may raise your voice. come to a conclusion. make up.
    Fighting is a part of life & its good they start to understand this...
    yes you dont go irrate. disrespect each other, swing/ throw, hit, etc... but i think people who do this dont care who is around to see it anyway (maybe).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010