what do u do when u clean?

my house was a huge disaster, now its better just need to pick up toys and sweep and mop. well and the bathroom and my bedroom, lol and i already spent 2hours on this place,... wow kids r messy ,how do u get motovated to clean, and when u do do u deep clean everything or just straighten up???

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have to exercise in the morning, If don't walk or bike...i am complete mush for the rest of the day. It gets my blood pumping & i feel like i can accomplish much more. I listen to music while i clean too, it's the only way i can somewhat enjoy it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i usually talk on the phone or listen to music.. i do my deep cleaning such as carpet cleaning on Mondays and upkeep it all week long but i clean my kitchen daily and my bathroom maybe every other day or so. i dust like two or three times a week also. dont worry my two year old STILL manages to tear it up to pieces i live in a small ranch home so it does NOT take much or long lol
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'll deep clean seperate rooms each day . Like one day, I'll clean bathrooms, one day i'll deep clean the kitchen, one day I'll deep clean my room, the next day I'll deep clean DD's room & so on. But, i pick up & straighten up every day. I guess i do a little deep cleaning every day & a lot of picking up...LOL! Yeah...it's a daily task! But, if you're on top of it, you can do it very quickly every day & then it's DONE! Of course, my DD is older now. She helps too & she is not a hige mess like when she was a lot younger & getting into everything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i put in my favorite cd and sing while cleaning...another thing i do is talk on the phone while cleaning
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i send everyone to a room dont care which one but they all have to stay in there til im done..or it their not home even better..then i told on my radie..plug my mp3 in it..once i get to singing,dancing,sweating..i done burnt off some calories,reminense,an cleaned the whole house..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I used to walk first and get a pace going. Now if I just go one chore at a time, it's not a big deal. I do it like breathing, no music, no phone, no t.v., just get 'er done.

I am not a germ-a-phobe...but am a recovering germ-a-phobe. I used to over use cleaners until it caused too much trouble in breathing. Now I use eco-friendly based solutions.

Once per month I'll use a bleach to do the toilet, and bath floor. No other room is bleached ever. Although I spray the counters in kitchen with a 50/50 bleach + water mix.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My routine is: make my bed, straighten boys' bathroom, put in a load of laundry, straighten up living room and kitchen.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Listen to a cd I can sing to and turn it way up if I'm home by myself. Most days it's general straightening, I usually do the bigger stuff on the weekends when I have more time.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When I lived in our 900 sq. ft. apartment I could turn on my music on my computer and clean the whole house. Music is a great motivator for me. However, now that we live in the 1200 sq. ft. house that isn't soo easy. So either I wait for beautiful weather and a sunny day, or I force myself to clean.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Turn on the tunes and get a moving
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 12:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010