when do 14 year olds lose the attitude and deside that parents wnat to teach about rules not rule?

aprilfool1965

Asked by aprilfool1965 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i have a 17 year old and almost 14 year old and i think the answer is never
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 4:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I believe that they learn that when they move out on their own and start having a family of their own. LOL. Honest answer
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 5:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I remember this age and thinking I knew it all and sadly being disrespectful. I think when I was out on my own and had a child of my own I came to appreciate and respect my parents.
    Cecilia77

Answer by Cecilia77 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• when they are 24.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• OMG have a 14 year old also. I keep telling myself to remember when I was 14. Dear Lord, mom was right!! It has come back to haunt me two-fold!!!!!!
    I think it depends when they pass what is going on in their life. Like a dear friend here told me, he loves you and though he doesn't show it, you his mom and deep down he loves you. Hang tight, that day is coming for him to grow up!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• "I believe that they learn that when they move out on their own and start having a family of their own. LOL. Honest answer"

I agree.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Usually somewhere between 18 & 40
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I have a 14 year old and a 17 year old too and believe me it's no fun when they have attitude. Just ignore most of it, sometimes you have to address it when they become disrespectful or unruly, I've also "developed" and attitude of my own and use it sometimes as a teaching too. Surprises the teens and shows them how it feels and looks to be like that. AS for when it ends? I have no clue, still waiting myself. Sorry but true.
    cappiccinomom

Answer by cappiccinomom at 10:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think somewhere, down deep, they know it but it's their job to act like they don't and to NEVER admit it! How long that goes on depends. I have become more of an influence than a decision maker where my teen is concerned. If I choose my "battles", and keep the lines of communication open, it goes better. If they cop an attitude, that's ok as long as they aren't outright disrespectful and follow the rules. When they get it, they get it. All I can tell you is, I don't expect they really will until they are walking in our shoes.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Once they are out on their own and fully responsible for themselves.
    A few rare ones don't learn until they have kids themselves. That's called Grandparent's Justice.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2008