My daughter, 12 months old, has been hitting her head with her hand a lot. I'm concerned that this means she's in pain of some sort. Has anyone had a similar situation?

AmyCarina

Asked by AmyCarina at 1:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving her some Motrin or tylenol when she does it, and I would also check with her doctor. It doesn't sound serious..better to be safe then sorry.

It could be just how she reacts to certain things.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 1:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• maybe she has an inner ear infection
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My friend's triplets all bang their heads on the crib, the doc said it was normal and nothing to worry about.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 3:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it. My son hits his head and his chin with his fist all the time. Sometimes he does it cause he's tired....but he does it a lot even when he's not tired. I would worry if your daughter is acting fussy and hitting her ears, cause that might mean she has an ear infection. But other than that, her hitting her head is not that big of a deal. :-)
    gcarter

Answer by gcarter at 10:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing ALL the time. We went to 2 drs. and they couldn't find out why, they checked her ears and everything. the third dr. Found out she had a chronic ear ifection the other two missed!
    And after we got the ear infection taken care of, she kept doing it...
    When babies are teething, the pain travels to there jaw and to there ear....
    She still does it when she starts cutting teeth.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2008